- UNIDO Centre’s support in fulfilling Russia’s obligations under the Stockholm Convention on Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) discussed at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation
On 2 March 2018 a meeting of the Committee on Environmental Management and Ecology of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation was held on the theme: “Hazardous waste management in Russia: possible ways forward”.
- VII International science and practical forum “Effective management systems: quality, innovations, education”
The VII International Science and Practical Forum “Effective Management Systems: Quality, Innovations, Education” was held from 28 February to 1 March 2018 in Kazan. The annual event, providing a discussion platform for representatives of business, public authorities and expert community on the issue of management efficiency, was organized by Kazan Innovative University named after V.G. Timiryasov with the support of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Tatarstan Republic. Over 300 specialists in the field of management, including quality and innovation management from Russia, United Kingdom, Japan and other countries participated in the event.
- UNIDO Centre at the All-Russia Business Forum “Ecotechnoparks of Russia”
From 13 to 14 February 2018 the II All-Russia Business Forum «Ecotechnoparks of Russia» organized by the European-Russian Business Association «ERBA», the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation in cooperation with All-Russia Public Organization «Business Russia» and with support of the Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation, was held in Moscow. The Director of the UNIDO Centre in Russia Sergey Korotkov, national project coordinator Vladimir Komissarov and national expert Svetlana Erkenova took part in the event.
- African markets access opportunities for Russian business discussed at “Business Russia”
A workshop on promotion of Russian business on the emerging African markets was held by All-Russia Public Organization “Business Russia” on 8 February 2018. The roundtable discussion brought together managers of Russian companies, representatives of embassies of Tanzania, Rwanda and South Africa, as well as of the Russian Ministry of Economic Development and the UNIDO Centre in the Russian Federation.
- Open for registration: Ethiopia’s Second International Agro-Industry Investment Forum
Seize the opportunity to get involved in one of Africa’s fastest growing economies by participating in Ethiopia’s Second International Agro-Industry Investment Forum (AIFE 2018) hosted by Prime Minister Hailemariam Desalegn from 5-8 March 2018 in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Deadline for registration is 26 February 2018.
- The World Entrepreneurs Investment Forum will open on 31 October in Bahrain
UNIDO ITPO Bahrain is organizing the World Entrepreneurs Investment Forum (WEIF) 2017 which will take place on October 31st – November 2nd this year in Manama, Bahrain under the patronage of His Royal Highness, Prince Khalifa Bin Salman Al Khalifa, the Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Bahrain.
- The annual industrial exhibition “Hannover Messe 2017”, whose main theme was Industry 4.0, concluded in Hannover
From 24 to 28 April 2017 the annual Hannover Fair – one of the biggest international exhibitions of high technology, innovation and industrial automation — took place in Germany. The transition to Industry 4.0 was the key thematic focus of the event.
- First Global Manufacturing and Industrialization Summit in Abu Dhabi, UAE
The first Global Manufacturing and Industrialization Summit (GMIS) will take place on March 27-30, 2017, in the city of Abu Dhabi, UAE. The first edition of GMIS will be hosted by the UAE Ministry of Economy and the United Nations Industrial Development Organisation (UNIDO) in collaboration with the Global Agenda Council on the Future of Manufacturing of the World Economic Forum (WEF).
- Global Start-Up Business Plan Competition
The Global Start-Up Business Plan Competition (GSBPC) calls on potential and existing entrepreneurs to participate by submitting their innovative entrepreneurial ideas by means of a Business Plan Template, which will be reviewed by a team of experts. The three participants or teams with the best business plans will be invited to attend the prize-winners’ event in Vienna on 21 to 25 November 2016, during the celebration of UNIDO’s 50th Anniversary.
- The International Economic Forum “25 years together: New formats of interaction”
18 March, 2016 Moscow hosted the international economic forum of States — participants of the CIS „25 years together: new formats of interaction“.