- The Association for the promotion of health and labor protection "ETALON" invites to the all-russian labor protection week September 7-9, 2021
The All-Russian Labor Protection Week (VNOT) will be held in Moscow from September 7 to September 9, 2021 under the motto „No risks!“. The event is organized by the ETALON Association with the information support of the UNIDO Centre for International Industrial Cooperation in the Russian Federation.
- Promoting digital transformation in legal metrology
Titled “Digital Transformation in Legal Metrology”, the July 2021 OIML Bulletin (Special Edition) of the Organisation Internationale de Métrologie Légale provides further insight into the role of digital technologies in legal metrology.
- Global Manufacturing and Industrialisation Summit (GMIS) 2021
Following a successful third edition of the Global Manufacturing and Industrialisation Summit (GMIS), held virtually last September under the theme of “Glocalization: towards inclusive and sustainable value chains”, attention now turns to GMIS 2021. This year’s Summit will take place in parallel to Dubai EXPO 2020 (previously postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic) under the theme of “Rewiring Societies: Repurposing Digitalization for Prosperity” from 22-27 November in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- UNIDO is ready to launch a pilot project in the framework of Belarus's transition to the fourth industrial revolution technologies
The draft agreement on cooperation between the Ministry of Economy of Belarus and the Skolkovo Foundation is in the final stage of approval. This was announced on Tuesday by the First Deputy Minister of Economy of Belarus Yuri Chebotar.
- TRANSEUROPEAN CENTRE held an online conference on automated industrial emissions monitoring
On June 23-24, an online conference was held on the topic “Experience of equipping enterprises with automatic systems for continuous monitoring and accounting of industrial emissions. Solutions for the automatic control and regulation of industrial pollution”.
- SCHNEIDER GROUP held a webinar on EU’s Green deal, emission reduction and opportunities for western businesses in Russia
On June 18, the Schneider Group webinar took place online, where experts from various industries discussed the future for Russian companies in the reality of EU’s Green Deal.
- UNIDO supports innovation ecosystem and entrepreneurial support infrastructure in Azerbaijan
Seeking to advance key development areas allowing a smooth transition to the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR), Azerbaijan is looking for ways to transform its economy with an increasing emphasis on building innovation ecosystems, ensuring technological learning, supporting the job market transformation and providing educational services that meet the emerging demands for new professional skills.
- UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres visited Moscow
UN Secretary-General António Guterres and Russian President Vladimir Putin have discussed the importance of renewed commitment to multilateralism during talks held on Thursday.
Mr Guterres is in Moscow, at the invitation of the Russian Government, where he is meeting with senior officials.
- The Vienna Energy Forum Virtual Series will be held on February 3-17
The Vienna Energy Forum (VEF) is a biennial global, multi-stakeholder forum with the objective of exploring developmental challenges within the realm of sustainable energy. The Forum introduces a platform for policy- and decision-makers from all sectors of society to conceive practical solutions to sustainability issues.
- “How Ruben Vardanyan is using Impact Investing to develop Armenia?” – TBLI Talk will be held on February 4
Ruben Vardanyan is a Russian business leader, social entrepreneur and venture philanthropist of Armenian origin, Co-founder of the Aurora Humanitarian Initiative. He and his wife Veronika invest in large-scale multifaceted projects in the sphere of global education, Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) and solving humanitarian problems.