The UNIDO Centre in Russiaturns 30
- Environmental experts discuss critical issues in the implementation of the Stockholm Convention on POPs
On April 6, 2021, a round table was held at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation “Fulfillment of the international obligations of the Russian Federation on the implementation of the provisions of the Stockholm Convention by 2025, in particular on the inventory and elimination of accumulated environmental damage of substances of the 1st hazard class, especially hazardous to human health, and namely, polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) contained in electrical equipment ”.
- The Vienna Energy Forum Virtual Series will be held on February 3-17
The Vienna Energy Forum (VEF) is a biennial global, multi-stakeholder forum with the objective of exploring developmental challenges within the realm of sustainable energy. The Forum introduces a platform for policy- and decision-makers from all sectors of society to conceive practical solutions to sustainability issues.
- “How Ruben Vardanyan is using Impact Investing to develop Armenia?” – TBLI Talk will be held on February 4
Ruben Vardanyan is a Russian business leader, social entrepreneur and venture philanthropist of Armenian origin, Co-founder of the Aurora Humanitarian Initiative. He and his wife Veronika invest in large-scale multifaceted projects in the sphere of global education, Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) and solving humanitarian problems.
- Market Transformation Programme on Energy Efficiency in GHG-intensive industries in Russia
- Phase out of HCFCs and Promotion of HFC-Free Energy Efficient Refrigeration and Air-conditioning Systems in the Russian Federation through Technology Transfer
- UNIDO/GEF Project “Environmentally sound management and final disposal of PCBs at the Russian railroad network and other PCBs owners”
- Industrial innovation club