- UN Industrial Development Organization turns 50
November 17, 2016 marked the 50th anniversary of the UN General Assembly resolution on the establishment of the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO).
- UN Day celebration
On October 24th 2016 an official reception on the occasion of the United Nations Day was held in the UN House in Moscow. On the same day in 1945 – 71 years ago – the Charter of the United Nations came into force. With the ratification of this founding document by the majority of its signatories, including the five permanent members of the Security Council, the United Nations officially came into being.
- Global Start-Up Business Plan Competition
The Global Start-Up Business Plan Competition (GSBPC) calls on potential and existing entrepreneurs to participate by submitting their innovative entrepreneurial ideas by means of a Business Plan Template, which will be reviewed by a team of experts. The three participants or teams with the best business plans will be invited to attend the prize-winners’ event in Vienna on 21 to 25 November 2016, during the celebration of UNIDO’s 50th Anniversary.
- Market Transformation Programme on Energy Efficiency in GHG-intensive industries in Russia
- Phase out of HCFCs and Promotion of HFC-Free Energy Efficient Refrigeration and Air-conditioning Systems in the Russian Federation through Technology Transfer
- UNIDO/GEF Project “Environmentally sound management and final disposal of PCBs at the Russian railroad network and other PCBs owners”
- Industrial innovation club