- UNIDO at the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum - 2018
From 24 to 26 May 2018 the annual St. Petersburg International Economic Forum (SPIEF) was held in the city of Saint Petersburg, as in previous years attended by UNIDO.
- Speakers of SPIEF have announced that the Global Forum on Nature-Like and Convergent Technologies will be convened in Russia
On May 24th, the SPIEF panel session titled “Nature-Like Technologies: Responding to Major Challenges” was held, during which the speakers have announced that the Global Forum on Nature-Like and Convergent Technologies for Inclusive and Sustainable Industrial Development (ISID) will be convened on 27-29 September 2018 in Sochi.
- St. Petersburg Initiative plenary session held at the Ministry of Natural Resources of Russia
The regular plenary session of the St. Petersburg Initiative was held at the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment of the Russian Federation on 6 April 2018, and was dedicated to the theme of green financing, its development and implementation experience conducive to clean and safe environment.
- Projects of the UNIDO Centre presented at the Moscow International Recycling Expo – 2018
The International Forum and Exhibition “Moscow International Recycling Expo-2018”, organized by RUSMET group of companies, opened in Moscow on 27 March 2018. The Forum aims to promote development of secondary resources recycling sector as well as to present the latest achievements in the scrap metal collecting industry.
- UNIDO Centre at the 9th International Forum “Ecology”
On 22 March 2018, the 9th International Forum “Ecology”, held annually under the patronage of the State Duma Committee on Ecology and Environmental Protection, opened in Moscow. The aim of the Forum is to support the creation and development of favorable conditions for the improvement of environment in Russia through an inclusive dialogue between the Government, civil society and business.
- Opportunities for cooperation in the field of alternative energy development in BRICS countries discussed at the Russia-China Investment Fund for Regional Development
On March 15, 2018 was held a meeting between the Director of the UNIDO Centre in Russia Sergey Korotkov and representatives of the Embassy of Brazil and management of the Russia-China Investment Fund for Regional Development, represented by Wang Feng, Chairman of the Board of Directors.
- UNIDO Centre’s support in fulfilling Russia’s obligations under the Stockholm Convention on Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) discussed at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation
On 2 March 2018 a meeting of the Committee on Environmental Management and Ecology of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation was held on the theme: “Hazardous waste management in Russia: possible ways forward”.
- VII International science and practical forum “Effective management systems: quality, innovations, education”
The VII International Science and Practical Forum “Effective Management Systems: Quality, Innovations, Education” was held from 28 February to 1 March 2018 in Kazan. The annual event, providing a discussion platform for representatives of business, public authorities and expert community on the issue of management efficiency, was organized by Kazan Innovative University named after V.G. Timiryasov with the support of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Tatarstan Republic. Over 300 specialists in the field of management, including quality and innovation management from Russia, United Kingdom, Japan and other countries participated in the event.
- Russian investment forum concluded in Sochi
From 15 to 16 February 2018 the Russian Investment Forum took place in Sochi. The annual event gathered more than 6100 participants, including the Prime Minister of Russia Dmitry Medvedev, Governors of Russian regions, major Russian and foreign companies, representatives of business and scientific community from more than 60 countries. The Forum, organized in Sochi since 2002, was once again dedicated to opportunities for development of Russian economic potential, attraction of investment, and seeking solutions to most urgent problems faced by the State and business.
- UNIDO Centre at the All-Russia Business Forum “Ecotechnoparks of Russia”
From 13 to 14 February 2018 the II All-Russia Business Forum «Ecotechnoparks of Russia» organized by the European-Russian Business Association «ERBA», the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation in cooperation with All-Russia Public Organization «Business Russia» and with support of the Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation, was held in Moscow. The Director of the UNIDO Centre in Russia Sergey Korotkov, national project coordinator Vladimir Komissarov and national expert Svetlana Erkenova took part in the event.