SCHNEIDER GROUP held a webinar on EU’s Green deal, emission reduction and opportunities for western businesses in Russia
June 18, 2021
On June 18, the Schneider Group webinar took place online, where experts from various industries discussed the future for Russian companies in the reality of EU’s Green Deal.
Part of European Green Deal policy, the Carbon Border Adjustment Mechanism will put a carbon price on imports of certain goods from outside the EU. Exporters to Europe will have to pay additional tax, based on the amount of carbon emitted during goods production. For every Russian business, exporting to EU and not meeting European carbon-emission standards, this means potential competitiveness loss because of rising cost.
Experts from Schneider Group, TMK, PepsiCo and UNIDO discussed the risks for various industries in Russia caused by the potential introduction of a carbon tax and possible support measures from the Russian government as part of the transition of local producers to fit new green standards.
A PepsiCo representative shared the company’s experience in reducing industrial emissions.
The main speakers of the event were:
- Ekaterina Kalinina, Head of Real Estate and Regulatory Practice, Schneider Grou;
- Sergey Korotkov, Director of the UNIDO Center for International Industrial Cooperation;
- Mikhail Popov, Vice President, TMK;
- Alexander Grishkov, Senior Director for Sustainable Development in Russia, PepsiCo;
- Christoph Spank, Head of Marketing Research, Schneider Group.