On 28-29 September 2018 a Global forum of convergent and nature-friendly technologies will be held in Sochi, Russia
August 07, 2018
International forum under the auspices of the United Nations „Global forum of convergent and nature-friendly technologies“ will be convened on 28-29 September 2018 in Sochi. The event is organized under the project proposed by the National Research Centre “Kurchatov Institute”, in cooperation with the Russian Ministry of Industry and Trade and UNIDO under Presidential Order № PR-1500 from 29.07.2016.
The Forum will bring together various stakeholders, such as experts on naturally-based and convergent technologies, representatives from governments, international development organizations, financial development institutions, the private sector and civil society to share best practices and address the key issues:
- key concepts and issues behind naturally-based and convergent technologies: current situation and prospects;
- main priorities in the field of nature-like technologies;
- impact of naturally-based and convergent technologies on social and cultural challenges facing society;
- implementation of innovative approaches to restoring the balance between biosphere and technosphere through the technologies; trends in industry and technology;
- the role of financial development institutions and international organizations in supporting the design and implementation of strategies to promote nature-like and convergent technologies and their application in industry; cooperation in risk assessment, management and communication mechanisms.
- potential of naturally-based and convergent technologies for achieving the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and related SDGs.
UNIDO CIIC Moscow is engaged in this event’s organization and warmly welcomes all incoming inquiries regarding participation, presentations, partnerships and other forms of cooperation and activities in the framework of the Forum.
Contact person for forum-related queries – National project associate, United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO), Svetlana Erkenova, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To register for the Forum please follow this link: http://nbicsforum2018.ru/en/user/register
Presentation with the Forum’s overview is available here.